Chocolate, pistachio and nougat semi-freddo
• Butter, for a baking tray
• 75g caster sugar
• 4 eggs
• 250g dark chocolate, finely chopped
• 450ml double cream
• 140g nougat cut into ½ cm chunks
• 50g pistachios, roughly chopped
1. Butter and line a baking tray or a bowl with cling film. Bring a pan of water to a gentle simmer. Put the sugar and eggs in a heatproof bowl, then place over the simmering water and whisk until pale, thick and mixture has doubled in volume. Remove from the heat, place the bottom of the bowl into cold water. Keep whisking to allow mixture to cool down.
2. Melt the chocolate in the microwave carefully, stir, and then fold into the egg mixture. Whip the cream to soft peaks and fold into the chocolate egg mixture with the nougat and pistachios.
3. Pour the mixture into your container (tray or bowl), smooth the surface with a spoon, then cover and freeze until firm.
This dessert can be done up to 2 weeks ahead. To serve, remove from the freezer 10 minutes before.
You can place the chocolate mixture in a loaf tin as well and serve in slices.
The recipe is proposed by:
The above recipe is proposed by Chaya Ramphul, Professional Chef, Graduated from the Institute of Culinary Arts, South Africa.
She was trained and worked in Relais Chateaux establishments – Prince Maurice (5 Star Hotel), The Marine Hotel (South Africa), Constance Academy and the University of Glamorgan in UK.
Chaya Ramphul delivers cooking classes in Quatre-Bornes for every level and may be contacted on phone number 5-793-72-12 or via her mail address which is firstname.lastname@example.org
consulter nos archives