Quick and easy Fish Pie
Serves between 4 to 6
• 1kg potatoes, peeled and halved
• Table spoon of butter
• 25g butter
• 25g flour
• 4 spring onions, finely sliced
• 400ml milk
• 320g-400g fish of your choice (Salmon or any white fish available)
• 1 tsp Dijon or English mustard
• handful sweetcorn
• handful petits pois
• handful grated cheddar or any cheese you like
1. Preheat the oven to 200C. Boil potatoes until tender. When cooked, drain thoroughly and mash with a splash of milk and some butter. Season with ground black pepper.
2. Meanwhile, put the butter, flour and spring onions in another pan and heat gently until the butter has melted, stirring regularly. Cook for 1 -2 mins. Gradually whisk in the milk using a balloon whisk if you have one. Bring to the boil, stirring to avoid any lumps and sticking at the bottom of the pan. Cook for 3 – 4 minutes until thickened.
3. Take off the heat and stir in the cheese (if using), fish, mustard, chives, sweetcorn and peas. Spoon into an ovenproof dish or 6- 8 ramekins.
4. Spoon the potato on top and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Pop in the oven for 20 - 25 mins or until golden and bubbling at the edges. Alternatively, cover and freeze the pie or mini pies for another time.
The recipe is proposed by:
The above recipe is proposed by Chaya Ramphul, Professional Chef, Graduated from the Institute of Culinary Arts, South Africa.
She was trained and worked in Relais Chateaux establishments – Prince Maurice (5 Star Hotel), The Marine Hotel (South Africa), Constance Academy and the University of Glamorgan in UK.
Chaya Ramphul delivers cooking classes in Quatre-Bornes for every level and may be contacted on phone number 5-793-72-12 or via her mail address which is email@example.com
consulter nos archives