Delicious biscuits for Christmas
Makes around 30 biscuits
• 2¼ cups flour
• 1 ½ cups sugar
• 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• Pinch of salt
• 225 g cream cheese, softened
• 4 Tablespoons butter, softened
• 1 egg
• 1 Tablespoon red liquid food coloring ( I used natural colors from beetroot)
• ½ cup icing sugar
1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the egg and the food coloring.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the cream cheese/butter mixture and mix well until it all comes together.
4. Cover the mixture and chill for about 2 hours.
5. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 180 deg celcius.
6. Place powdered sugar in a small bowl.
7. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and then roll each ball in powdered sugar. Place on a greased cookie sheet or one lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes and let cookies cool completely on cooling rack.
9. You can store these in air-tight container for up to 3 days.
The recipe is proposed by:
The above recipe is proposed by Chaya Ramphul, Professional Chef, Graduated from the Institute of Culinary Arts, South Africa.
She was trained and worked in Relais Chateaux establishments – Prince Maurice (5 Star Hotel), The Marine Hotel (South Africa), Constance Academy and the University of Glamorgan in UK.
Chaya Ramphul delivers cooking classes in Quatre-Bornes for every level and may be contacted on phone number 5-793-72-12 or via her mail address which is firstname.lastname@example.org
consulter nos archives