Serves 3 to 4
• 1 lb chicken thighs, cut into 2 pieces
• salt and pepper
• 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp paprika
• 3 cloves garlic and 1 small piece of ginger peeled and finely chopped
• 1 small piece ginger, peeled and minced
• 2 lemons sliced
• 1 small jar of kalamata olives
• ¼ cup sultanas
• 1 handful fresh coriander leaves
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper, add cinnamon, paprika
2. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add chicken and allow to brown lightly.
3. Stir in garlic, ginger and brown sugar. Add lemons, Kalamata olives, sultana and 2/3 cup water. You can also add some vegetables eg carrots, courgette or tomatoes. Stir well. Cover and reduce heat to low.
Cook for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Top up with finely chopped coriander leaves.
4. Serve chicken mixture over rice or couscous.
The recipe is proposed by:
The above recipe is proposed by Chaya Ramphul, Professional Chef, Graduated from the Institute of Culinary Arts, South Africa.
She was trained and worked in Relais Chateaux establishments – Prince Maurice (5 Star Hotel), The Marine Hotel (South Africa), Constance Academy and the University of Glamorgan in UK.
Chaya Ramphul delivers cooking classes in Quatre-Bornes for every level and may be contacted on phone number 5-793-72-12 or via her mail address which is email@example.com
consulter nos archives