Roast vegetables and couscous salad
• 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, halved and deseeded
• ½ butternut squash
• 2 courgettes, thickly sliced
• 4 garlic cloves, leave skin on
• 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 red onion, thickly sliced
• 1 tsp cumin seeds
• 1 tbsp sweet paprika
• 50g whole blanched almonds
• 250g couscous
• 300ml hot water
• zest and juice 1 lemon
• Bunch of mint and coriander , roughly chopped
• Fresh pomegranate
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C. Cut peppers and squash into bite-size pieces (leave skin on the squash). Tip all the vegetables into a baking tray, add garlic, 2 tbsp oil and seasoning, then mix and roast for 20 minutes. Add onion, cumin, paprika and almonds. Roast for another 20 minutes, then cool.
2. Put couscous into a large bowl, pour over the boiling water, cover then set aside for 10 minutes. Fluff up with a fork.
3. In a bowl, mix zest, juice and remaining oil. Squeeze garlic pulp from skins into the bowl, mash well and fold in the mint. Pour over the vegetables then toss with the couscous.
4. Add the fresh herbs on top, pomegranate seeds and almonds.. Healthy lunch box to take with you!!
The recipe is proposed by:
The above recipe is proposed by Chaya Ramphul, Professional Chef, Graduated from the Institute of Culinary Arts, South Africa.
She was trained and worked in Relais Chateaux establishments – Prince Maurice (5 Star Hotel), The Marine Hotel (South Africa), Constance Academy and the University of Glamorgan in UK.
Chaya Ramphul delivers cooking classes in Quatre-Bornes for every level and may be contacted on phone number 5-793-72-12 or via her mail address which is email@example.com
consulter nos archives