LOS ANGELES (AFP)
A US judge Tuesday declined to grant a restraining order
requested by Halle Berry's former nanny, who claimed the
actress's ex-boyfriend had pushed her and risked hurting the
Alliance Kamdem claimed Gabriel Aubry pushed her into a door as
she was holding the former couple's 46-month-old daughter Nahla
during an alleged incident last week.
"I was terrified," Kamdem said in a sworn declaration. "The push
was so forceful that that if there had not been a wall behind me
to stop the force of my movement I would have fallen down with
Nahla in my arms."
She claimed Aubry showed "irrational rage" from soon after she
began caring for the child last June. "Within a week of the start
of my employment, Mr. Aubry began becoming verbally abusive and
aggressive toward me," she said.
"He would say things to me like, 'What are you doing here? You
are a spy. You report everything I say. You're not even doing
your job. Nahla doesn't like you, she doesn't want you here'."
Berry and Aubry both attended a closed court session Tuesday, in
which the actress reportedly asked the judge to keep Aubry away
from the toddler until an investigation is completed.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Scott Gordon delayed a decision
until next Monday, when another judge who is overseeing the
Berry-Aubry case returns from vacation.
Earlier this month People magazine reported that 45-year-old
Berry is set to marry for a third time, after her French actor
boyfriend Olivier Martinez popped the question.
Berry, famous for the "X-Men" movies and as a Bond girl in "Die
Another Day," won a coveted best actress Oscar in 2002 for her
turn in "Monster's Ball," the first such award to an African