what is Orange World?
Orange World is our WAP portal, available on most of our phones. It gives you the best of the web on your phone
The internet gives us access to lots of useful information. But we usually only use it when we're sitting at our desks.
With Orange World, you've got the mobile internet on your phone, so you can access information, entertainment and more on the move, whatever you're doing.
Download great entertainment and fun stuff plus access your favourite mobile internet sites really easily. Plus, it's a whole lot easier to carry around than your PC.
how to get started?
All you need is a compatible phone. Most GPRS phones will be able to access the Orange World portal. If you are not sure about the compatibility of your phone, please contact Customer Care on 8900, or visit your nearest Orange Shop, where trained personnel can assist you.
To access Orange World, simply launch your browser application and select home. You can then surf for all available content as you would normally do on the web.
how do I configure my phone to access Orange World?
Send the following SMS on 8224
wap [space] [phone brand and model]
e.g. for a Nokia N70, send by SMS on 8224
- You will first get a confirmation SMS
- You will then get the configuration settings sent by SMS
- Save as PortailWAPDefaut by keying in 1111
- You will then receive a confirmation by SMS that will inform you that your mobile phone is data enabled
how do I download content?
how do I download content by WAP?
- Open your browser on your mobile and you will be automatically redirected towards the site www.orangeworld.mu
- Choose the content you would like to download and select 'download'.
- The selected content will be downloaded to your mobile
how do I download content by SMS?
- If you are a Prepay customer, make sure that you have enough credit on your phone
- From a listed directory of content (on www.orange.mu or in the newspapers), spot the content you would like to download (animations, wallpapers, videos etc)
- To download a content, send the 1st letter of the content type, followed by the 5 digits code for that specific content, for e.g. to download a wallpaper, type W11001 in an SMS and send on 8222
- You will receive an SMS with the requested content name
- Click on the content name to download
- The price of the selected content will then be displayed
- Scroll down the page and click on 'yes' to proceed with the download
If you are a Prepay or a Post Pay customer, then you will be charged 1 ct for each KB you transfer to your mobile as soon as you start downloading content to your phone. If you are a Post Pay customer, you might also want to consider our data plans so as to benefit from reduced tariffs
||tariffs (VAT exc.)
|| as from Rs 50
||Rs 15, Rs 20
||Rs 10/ Rs 15