A limited number of vacancies exist in Grade 12 (Lower VI) for 2017 in some specific subject combinations in a few State Secondary Schools. Vacancies also exist in Grade 12 for HSC Pro which is being offered by some schools.
The list of subject combinations and vacancies is available for consultation on the on the Ministry’s website and at the Customer Care Desks of the Ministry at MITD House, Phoenix and at the Zone Directorates.
How to apply ?
Students already attending a State Secondary School may fill in the prescribed Application Form available at their school.
Responsible Parties of other students are invited to call at one of the centres below on Thursday 16 or Friday 17 February 2017 between 09 00 and 15 00 to fill in the prescribed Application Form:
- Ministry of Education and Human Resources, TE and SR - Zone 1 :
4th Floor, Mutual Aid Building, 5 Guy Rozemont Street, Port-Louis
- Ministry of Education and Human Resources, TE and SR - Zone 2 :
Sir F. Herchenroder Street, Beau Bassin
- Ministry of Education and Human Resources, TE and SR - Zone 3 :
Royal Road, Rose Belle
- Quatre Bornes SSS, Baissac Avenue, Quatre Bornes - Zone 4
- Original + one photocopy of the SC Results
- Original + one photocopy of the Birth Certificate
- A proof of address
- National Identity Card of Responsible Party
Criteria for allocation of seats
Vacancies will be filled strictly on the basis of the SC grade aggregate of the applicant, and in case of ties, the sub aggregate in the subjects to be taken at Principal Level.
- Applicants may opt for any number of schools of their choice but the Regional school(s) applied for must be in the same zone as their place of residence.
- Requests for transfer to schools and for subject combinations other that those advertised will NOT be considered.
- Once a seat has been allocated in a school, a change of subject combination will NOT be entertained.
- Successful candidates will, on the day of registration, be required to choose their AS Level subject among those offered by the school where they have been admitted /transferred.
- Responsible Parties having made a prior request for a transfer should submit a fresh application on the prescribed form within the specific date limit.
- Applications received after the closing date i.e Friday 17 February 2017 will not be considered.
- Reply letters will be sent by 06 March 2017 at latest by post, for applicants from Private Secondary Schools and for Private candidates; and through the Heads of their respective schools, in the case of students currently attending a State Secondary School.